Does the world really need another list of fun things to do when you’re bored? Maybe not. But just think of the possibilities!
I was bored last week, and hopped online to see what the interwebs had to say about fun things to do when you’re bored. Frankly, I was disappointed with what I found.
I thought, surely the Christian in the Rough community could come up with a rocking list that would stand head and shoulders above any other list out there.
So today, I’m asking for your help.
What fun things can you think of to do when you’re bored? Let’s get as many suggestions in the comments as possible. Just one rule: each activity must be fun for all involved - nothing that disturbs or harms someone else. Ok, let’s go! I’ll start with a few…
- Try to peel an orange or an apple and keep the entire peel in one piece.
- Find a puddle and splash in it. If there are no puddles around, grab some water and make your own.
- Pretend you are a CSI agent. Spot some fibers across the room and make up a story about how they got there.
- Yawn in public and see how long it takes for someone else to yawn.
- Walk around with a Slinky, asking people where the nearest escalator is. Walk away singing the Slinky Song.
- Go to the park and swing on a swing. Remember to yell, “Whee!” every time you swing forward.
- Figure out what you would change your name to if you suddenly went gangsta.
- Start a conversation using a banana as a pretend phone. After a while, hand it to someone and say, “It’s for you.”
- Read this post out loud in your best Christopher Walken, Gilbert Gottfried, William Shatner or Julia Child voice.
- Race grapes in the microwave.
- Find verses in Proverbs that can be written as a haiku.
- Two words: Gangnam style.
What other fun things can you think of to do when you’re bored?