September is probably my favorite month of the year.
Not just because it contains my birthday and anniversary. Not just because the hot, sticky, oppressive days of August finally relent to cooler temperatures. Not just because of the dazzling colors of autumn.
September for me is a return to a more structured, peaceful life. Gone are the frantic days of summer and trying to squeeze in as much activity into one weekend as possible.
For me, September is summer’s sigh of relief as it eases itself into a rocking chair on the back porch to watch its own sunset.
And while I’m happy to see September roll around, I’m also pleased to celebrate August one last time with our monthly feature – Posts with the Most.
Here I’ve assembled my favorite August 2012 top blog posts from around the blogosphere, for your reading pleasure. Check them all out, and please let me know some of your favorites from last month that I missed.
It’s all about sharing some great blogs and blog posts.
Here are my picks, in random order…
- Dear Christian, please go to Best Buy – Jesus – If you’ve ever gone in to Best Buy and noticed that your home TV just doesn’t measure up to what they have on display, you’ll appreciate Sammy Adebiyi’s spiritual metaphor in this post from How much does God weigh?
- Will You Join Me in Prayer? – Head on over to Meet the Buttrams; Jessica has a great post here about prayer.
- What God Asked Me After I Listed All the Things That Suck About My Life – It’s not easy to wait for God’s promises. Shawn Smucker gives us a glimpse of his struggles and the hope he has found in the midst of them.
- Guest Post: Rain – Kirsten LaBlanc guest posts at Tamara Out Loud, giving us the best reason for rain that I can think of.
- Playgrounds, counselors, and getting unstuck – We can all use a helping hand every now and then. Jared Hollier encourages us to both find one, and be one.
- Disney Church, Manipulating My Kid, and Simply Jesus – Carlos Whittaker got more than he bargained for when he found his daughter crying backstage after a set in Nashville. Ragamuffin Soul.
- “Why Aren’t There More Songs Telling Us Not To Sin?” – An excellent Q & A about music from Brant Hansen.
- Still Small Voice – Amy Kiane of Ordinarily Extraordinary reminds us that God usually speaks in whispers. Can you hear them?
What were some of your favorite top blog posts from August 2012?