The older I get, the more the months seem to whiz by. Here we are, already halfway through 2014.
How’s it going?
Since life often does seem to go by so fast, I’m thankful for the milestones where we pause, reflect and celebrate.
This past week we had Canada’s 147th and America’s 238th birthday to cheer, and now the May/June 2014 Posts with the Most!
If you aren’t familiar with the Posts with the Most, this is the (usually) monthly feature where I compile and present my favorite blog posts from around the blogosphere for the previous month.
This time I’ve doubled up on May and June, for twice the fun!
It’s all about matching up some great blogs and bloggers with some great readers. Here are my faves for May and June 2014, in random order. Enjoy!
- Skipping to the ending – For all those who have ever been tempted to sneak a peek at the end of the book. From Billy Coffey.
- A Father’s Day al Fresco Fiasco – Mike Rowe (yes, the guy from Dirty Jobs) is not only a TV host and advocate of skilled trades, he’s also a gifted storyteller. Here he shares a heartwarming and hilarious story about, of all things, a family picnic table.
- Growing to “Dad” – The Late Arrival‘s Rochelle Fritsch reflects on a lifetime of getting to know her father.
- “That’s So Typical of Christians” – Paul Wilkinson of Thinking Out Loud relates how Christians aren’t all alike.
- Dear Student… – As an Educational Assistant, Life With Bellymonster‘s Liz McLennan has learned a few things from her students this year.
And now, as always, I’d appreciate your help. There are lots of amazing blogs and bloggers out there that I haven’t met yet. Which ones have I missed?