Welcome to June, everyone! It’s time to look back on some of my favorite top blog posts from May 2013 – the Posts with the Most!
I look forward to each new month, since it offers a chance to introduce you to some great blogs and bloggers. Some familiar, some new. Some funny, some deep. All worthy of attention.
Of course, you may have some favorite blogs and bloggers that I haven’t found yet. So please join the fun. Post a link to one or two of your favorite top blog posts from May in the comments below.
In random order, here are my favorite five from May 2013:
Many thanks to those bloggers featured here. And now it’s your turn…
What were some of your top blog posts from May 2013?
Have you ever looked back over a stretch of time, scratched your head and asked yourself, “What the heck happened?” April seems to be that kind of month for me. Both this year and last, I quickly fell behind and spent the rest of the month trying to catch up!
Thankfully I did manage to assemble some of my favorite top blog posts from around the blogosphere – the Posts with the Most - for your reading pleasure.
As always, I invite you to share your own favorite top blog posts from the past month in the comment section. After all, this is all about discovering and sharing some of the great blogs and bloggers out there. Come join the party!
Here are my picks for April 2013, in random order:
- Oh No They Didn’t – Find out here what wisdom kept The Bearded Idealist Stephen Haggerty from starting a fight in the Arby’s drive-thru.
- With My Heart in Their Hands – As a Developmental Services Worker student, Life With Bellymonster‘s Liz McLennan touched the lives of 9 adults with disabilities. Here she shares how they touched her life in return.
- They Could Be My Stories Too – Rochelle Fritsch of The Late Arrival helps us look at poverty through a different set of eyes. Be sure to check out the interactive quiz at the end.
Congratulations to all our featured blogs and bloggers!
What were some of your favorite top blog posts in April 2012?
Well, now that we’ve reached the first of April (no fooling!) it’s time to celebrate our favorite top blog posts from March 2013 – the Posts with the Most!
Once again I’ve assembled my faves of all the top blog posts I read last month, and invite you to join the fun by letting us know some of your own March picks in the comment section.
One of the things I like most about this monthly feature – besides the chance to promote some great blogs and bloggers I know – is to discover new ones!
So don’t be shy, dive right in. Enjoy these awesome eight, and let us know who else you think should be on this list.
Here they are, in random order…
- The Day I Discovered What I Wanted to Do Forever – After going through her own battle with cancer, Haley Bellows now helps others through theirs. Via Prodigal Magazine.
- I Don’t Know How to Do Justice – Jessica Bowman guest posts at In a Mirror Dimly, exploring what it means to “do justice”.
- Actions Speak Louder Than Feelings – Andy Andrews shares a stellar way to get past a negative attitude.
- Please take one – Billy Coffey offers a smart solution for settling our differences.
- The hazards of walking barefoot in the grass – It’s a pleasure to have the incomparable katdish back here at PWTM, this time weighing the risks vs the rewards of going barefoot.
- Don’t waste your fail – Ben Reed talks poop. In a good way.
- push. – Alece Ronzino of Grit and Glory reminds us that live isn’t meant to be easy, but it is meant to be shared.
- Affecting the world – A very rare double feature this month, from Billy Coffey. As a rule I try only to feature one post per blog per month. But the messages in both of these offerings from Billy were so distinct and so necessary, they earned their own separate spots. This one is about the ripples we leave behind us as we go through life.
Now it’s your turn – what were your favorite top blog posts from March 2013?
The beginning of each month brings one of my favorite features – Posts with the Most. Welcome to our latest edition, where we celebrate my favorite top blog posts from around the blogosphere for February 2013!
In completely random order, I’ve assembled 7 top blog posts for your reading pleasure. Please share any of your faves from the past month that I may have missed, in the comment section.
Posts with the Most is all about connecting some great blogs and bloggers with some great readers – you!
Sit back, relax, and enjoy a look back at the month that was…
- I Like Going To WalMart – I never used to like going to Wal-Mart. Until Bryan Daniels of Chief of the Least gave me this perspective.
- Everyday Radical: How God Feels About Letting His Children Go To Hell – A gem from Emily Wierenga, posted at Prodigal Magazine.
- The Stories You Tell - Great post, but be warned: Rob Shep uses the word “poop”. Twice. Gasp!
- Doing Justice: Small, Quiet Battles – J.R. Goudeau guest posts at In a Mirror Dimly.
- The Woman Who Changed the World – Another great guest post. This time Stephanie May shares a story all the way from Kathmandu at Prodigal Magazine.
- Enough faith – Billy Coffey grabs his monthly spot at PWTM with a strong dose of truth.
- On the Chair Next to You – Brant Hansen of Brant’s Blog wraps up our unofficial running theme of “perspective” with the incredible story of a man named Kumar.
I hope you enjoyed these posts as much as I did. Many thanks to those who wrote and featured them!
What was your favorite top blog post from February 2013?
Welcome to February! It’s time to look back at January 2013 and celebrate some of my favorite top blog posts from around the blogosphere – the Posts with the Most!
As always, you are welcome to include your own picks in the comment section. I’m always looking for great blogs and bloggers we can share. Come and join the party!
Here, in random order, are my favorite top blog posts for January 2013:
- Why I asked Jesus to make me like my dog – Once you hear about Sammy Adebiyi’s Saint Bernard MJ, you might want to be like her too.
- A middle finger like mine – No, it’s not what you might think. Billy Coffey shares his daughter’s touching goal for the coming year.
- Discipleship Minute: A Lesson From Annie – Like Sammy, PWTM newcomer Ed Underwood has an exemplary dog – a loyal spaniel named Annie.
- Everyday Radical: To The Last Virgins Standing – Emily Wierenga shares her personal story of sexual purity at Prodigal Magazine.
- Searching for Meaning in a World Without Google – David Rupert of Red Letter Believers dared a week without search engines. Could you survive it?
- The Gospel of Pastor Mark Driscoll – My buddy Clay Morgan from Clay Writes handles the controversial Mark Driscoll with humor, wisdom and grace. When I grow up, I want to be like Sammy’s dog, Ed’s dog, and Clay.
- Can You Imagine? – aka The Parable of the Flying Naked Baby. Yes, that’s right. You can’t make stuff like this up. From Jamie the Very Worst Missionary.
- Desperate for Jesus – Jared Hollier asks this awesome question – “So why was Jesus so miraculous in the gospels, and so ordinary in our lives?”
- God or the Bargain – The Bearded Idealist Stephen Haggerty guest posts at The Standing Place. For anyone who has ever eaten cheap pizza and regretted it later.
- Bring the Rain. Bring the Pain. – We may not enjoy going through trials, but often they prove to be exactly what we need. From Third Option Men.
What were some of your favorite top blog posts from January 2013?