If I had to choose a favorite time of month, this would definitely be it. I always look forward to the end of one month and the beginning of another, since that means it’s time for the Posts with the Most!
Every month I boldly explore the interwebs, compiling my favorite top blog posts to share with you, my favorite readers.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. Be sure to say hello to these amazing bloggers when you visit, and please share any of your July 2014 faves that I may have missed, in the comment section below.
Here are the July 2014 Posts with the Most, in random order…
- Carnival World – Billy Coffey draws life lessons from the rides at a carnival.
- We’re having a killer summer. – Jamie the Very Worst Missionary is experiencing a private carnival of sorts, known as summer break with teenage sons.
- Incarnated Poetry – I must admit I’ve never been a big poetry fan. But over at A Deeper Story, Nate Pyle converted me with four simple words: “You are God’s poem.”
- The Risk of Silence – Another gem from A Deeper Story, this time penned by Micha Boyett. I haven’t been blogging much lately, and have struggled to explain why. Micha, in explaining her reasons for not blogging, has unknowingly done it for me.
And, last but not least, a special mention to Liz McLennan, aka Bellymonster, who just published her final post at Life With Bellymonster. Thank you, Liz, for your many contributions to (and unbridled enthusiasm for) the Posts with the Most!
What were your favorite “posts with the most” from July 2014?
The older I get, the more the months seem to whiz by. Here we are, already halfway through 2014.
How’s it going?
Since life often does seem to go by so fast, I’m thankful for the milestones where we pause, reflect and celebrate.
This past week we had Canada’s 147th and America’s 238th birthday to cheer, and now the May/June 2014 Posts with the Most!
If you aren’t familiar with the Posts with the Most, this is the (usually) monthly feature where I compile and present my favorite blog posts from around the blogosphere for the previous month.
This time I’ve doubled up on May and June, for twice the fun!
It’s all about matching up some great blogs and bloggers with some great readers. Here are my faves for May and June 2014, in random order. Enjoy!
- Skipping to the ending – For all those who have ever been tempted to sneak a peek at the end of the book. From Billy Coffey.
- A Father’s Day al Fresco Fiasco – Mike Rowe (yes, the guy from Dirty Jobs) is not only a TV host and advocate of skilled trades, he’s also a gifted storyteller. Here he shares a heartwarming and hilarious story about, of all things, a family picnic table.
- Growing to “Dad” – The Late Arrival‘s Rochelle Fritsch reflects on a lifetime of getting to know her father.
- “That’s So Typical of Christians” – Paul Wilkinson of Thinking Out Loud relates how Christians aren’t all alike.
- Dear Student… – As an Educational Assistant, Life With Bellymonster‘s Liz McLennan has learned a few things from her students this year.
And now, as always, I’d appreciate your help. There are lots of amazing blogs and bloggers out there that I haven’t met yet. Which ones have I missed?
Have you ever looked back over a stretch of time, scratched your head and asked yourself, “What the heck happened?” April always seems to be that kind of month for me. Again this year it zoomed past in the wink of an eye.
Thankfully I did manage to assemble some of my favorite blog posts from around the blogosphere – the Posts with the Most – for your reading pleasure.
As always, I invite you to share your own favorite blog posts from the past month in the comment section. After all, this is about discovering and sharing some of the great blogs and bloggers out there. Come join the party!
Here are my picks for April 2014, in random order:
- You are allowed your process. – For all of us with someone we love who doesn’t work the same way we do, and it drives us crazy. From Jamie the Very Worst Missionary.
- There is not enough – Feeling stretched to the limit? So was KC Procter, until some encouraging words came to mind.
- Move – A bold and necessary dare from Rick at Planned Peasanthood.
- What’s Your Legacy? – At Tough Bananas, Jan Moyer wants to know what you are doing today that has lasting impact.
- When Hills Become Gifts – The Scenic Route‘s Eileen Knowles knows that obstacles in life aren’t always a bad thing.
Congratulations to all our featured blogs and bloggers!
What were some of your favorite blog posts in April 2014?