As we bid farewell to October 2013, it’s my pleasure to present my monthly collection of favorite top blog posts from around the blogosphere – the Posts with the Most!
I’m always looking for more great blogs and bloggers to feature here. If you don’t see some of your favorites, please mention them in the comment section below.
Here are my picks for top blog posts of October 2013, in random order:
- Lightbulb moments – Sooner or later, light bulbs fail. But we still must flip the switch. Another gem from PWTM frequent flyer Billy Coffey.
- Give Them Potatoes – TroubleFace Mom gained a lot of notoriety this past month from a Halloween post that she published last year, but wasn’t noticed much until this year. This is her follow-up post, which is just as good. Welcome to PWTM, Jenna!
- The Easiest Thing You’ll Do Today – Rob Shepherd challenges us to be an encouragement. It’s not the easiest thing you’ll do today.
- Love, 10 Years Later – Liz McLennan, aka Bellymonster, celebrated her 10th anniversary last month. Congratulations, Liz and Mark! And thank you, Liz, for writing about it.
- Better when. – If you’ve ever allowed yourself to get caught in the trap of “things will be better when…”, then this offering from Jamie the Very Worst Missionary will sing to you too.
A big thank you to all our featured bloggers. Be sure to pay these friends a visit. Happy November, everyone!
What were some of your Posts with the Most for October?
I’m glad the year is divided into months. For me, each one is like a mini-new-year, with a chance to look back and assess what worked, what didn’t, and what could be done better.
For me, September was just a blur. I hadn’t planned to take the month off from blog posting, but sometimes it’s nice to step back a bit, take a bit of a breather, and come back refreshed.
Thankfully, I continued to read and find some great blog posts for our monthly celebration – the Posts with the Most!
As always, I welcome your additions. If it didn’t make this list, please add your favorite September blog post in the comment section below.
Here are my picks for Posts with the Most for September 2013:
- It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood – When a gruff neighbor approached Liz McLennan about her sons and their antics as they explored their neighborhood, she received a pleasant surprise.
- A Splash of Color – Thomas Mason shares some of his dark places and offers a prayer of hope at Living the Story.
- Don’t miss this moment – The older I get, the more I appreciate how quickly time flies. David Rupert of Red Letter Believers reminds us to be mindful of the moments that just might pass us by.
- You Are Known And Appointed – Newcomer to PWTM, Reflections from the Alley‘s Dave Arnold presents a great word of encouragement.
- Don’t need it? Leave it here. – Billy Coffey figured out an excellent place for us to leave our garbage.
- Angry Jesus – Fellow bearded blogger Stephen Haggerty, aka The Bearded Idealist, reflects on an unusual bumper sticker.
Be sure to visit these bloggers and say hello. Happy October, everyone!
What was your favorite blog post from September 2013?
September is probably my favorite month of the year.
Not just because it contains my birthday and anniversary. Not just because the hot, sticky, oppressive days of August finally relent to cooler temperatures. Not just because of the dazzling colors of autumn.
September for me is a return to a more structured, peaceful life. Gone are the frantic days of summer and trying to squeeze as much activity into one weekend as possible.
For me, September is summer’s sigh of relief as it eases itself into a rocking chair on the back porch to watch its own sunset.
And while I’m happy to see September roll around, I’m also pleased to celebrate August one last time with our monthly feature – Posts with the Most.
Here I’ve assembled my favorite August 2013 top blog posts from around the blogosphere, for your reading pleasure. Check them all out, and please let me know some of your favorites from last month that I missed.
It’s all about sharing some great blogs and blog posts.
Here are my picks, in random order…
What were some of your favorite top blog posts from August 2013?